A simulation is a controlled computer-based learning environment that allows the participants to practice the procedures and most importantly make mistakes and learn from them by recreating life-like job situations. With simulations, you get an opportunity to practice your customer service skills. Practice might not necessarily make you perfect, but it will certainly help you improve and be much better prepared and perceived by your customer. You’ll notice that you make fewer mistakes as you feel more in control and familiar with your environment.
To put it objectively, an instructionally sound simulation:
- Gives the customer service professional a preview of the transactions and procedures.
- Prepares the learners to serve their real customers in an effective manner.
- Allows learners to practice competencies.
- Enables learners to make decisions and experience real-time consequences of their actions.
- Engages learners through interactive participation.
- Enables knowledge retention and successful knowledge transfer on their jobs.